Thursday, October 21, 2010

Twitter & "The Gift of Fear"

It's time to admit to my ridiculous addiction to Twitter. The first time I came across twitter was on Tay Swizzy's myspace page and I immediately fell in love. I was one of those people who updates their statuses 500 times a day with lyrics and quotes and random thoughts, so twitter to me is just fabulous.

Yesterday I was in Borders with a friend and while I waited for her to get her coffee I was browsing the books on the shelf facing the cafe. I came across "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker and this caught my attention because on the cover it says "this book can save your life" and I remember seeing something about this book on Oprah a while back. So I flipped it open and began reading the first couple pages and it just sucked me right in. 15 bucks is worth learning how to save my life right? Yessir, just one day later (let me add that I am not a big reader when it comes to books) and I'm already on page 82 in Chapter 5 :) This book is a #1 national best seller and I could see why within the first page. I haven't finished this book yet or even gotten half way through but I am recommending it to everyone I know. It's terrifying but in a good way. I feel like I have always had a pretty good sense of my intuition and common sense which is why I felt it as almost a challenge to read this book to see how smart I think I am when it comes to strangers and violence. So far I feel like I'm pretty well off, there are a lot of women who are just plain stupid when it comes to trusting strangers and Becker really gives you everything you need to be smarter. He actually just says the right things it's not even like he is giving you the tools he just tells you to listen to yourself because you already have all the tools you need inside. It's genius, go buy it!


I still haven't gotten over David Nail and his amazingness. Usually when I become suddenly obsessed with a new artist it only lasts maybe a month and I'm over it. There are few artists that last past the first initial liking of their music. Rascal Flatts, TS, Carrie Underwood are a couple that I stick with. But I think David Nail is going to be added to that list because he is just amazing. His entire CD is so good and his voice gives me chillsssss :)


Kay I'm going for a run before it starts to rain!

later <3

No comments:

Post a Comment